School of Religion
Become the Saint God made you to be
2018-2019 Religious Education Enrollment Information
Do you need to enroll your child(ren) for Religious Education and/or Sacrament Formation?
Queen of the Holy Rosary Parish Religious Education Program is designed for children, Grades K—8th, who attend the Public School System or are Home-schooled. All classes meet on Sunday mornings from 10:15—11:30 am in the John Paul II School
Classes begin Sunday, September 16 and will end on Sunday, May 12
- Enrollment is currently taking place for the School Term of 2018-2019. You can click on the link below entitled: SOR Registration Packet.
- Fill it out and return to: Denise Godinez, DRE at QHR—7023 W. 71st Street, Overland Park, KS 66204
- If you have any questions at all, you can call Denise at (913) 722-2206 or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every child who enrolls in SOR classes must have a copy of their Baptism certificate in their SOR file.
Sacramental Preparation takes 2 years
- Reconciliation/First Communion (Grades 1 and 2) and
- Confirmation (Grades 7 and 8)
- Confirmation preparation for youth begins in the 7th grade, with Confirmation taking place at the end of their 8th grade year. Those who are 18 years of age and older and wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation will need to enroll in the Adult RCIA Program.
- If you wish for your child to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation (Confession) and the Sacrament of Eucharist (First Communion), they need to be enrolled in SOR classes for both 1st and 2nd grades.
- RCIC—Those individuals who are between the ages of 7 and17 and are in need of preparing for the Initiation Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation will need to go through Rite of Christian Initiation for Children the RCIC Program. If your child has been baptized in another Christian Church, they will not be baptized again, but will be welcomed into the Catholic Church with a Profession of Faith.
We invite and encourage parents to volunteer for our program as a Catechist, Aide, Substitute Catechist. We depend on you the parents and parish volunteers to make our Religious Education Program a success. Training and enrollment discounts are available. All Volunteers must have gone through the Archdiocesan VIRTUS Training Program before being place in a classroom situation.