Discovering Christ - October 2019
Discovering Christ is a free, seven-week experience that is open to everyone – no matter your spiritual background - who wants to explore questions about the meaning of life, hear the Good News, and personally encounter Jesus Christ.
Discovering Christ helps people enter into or renew a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, experience the love of God the Father, and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to live as God’s children. Each Sunday event includes a free meal, an engaging video, and conversation and the opportunity to meet others seeking the same answers you are.
There’s also a Saturday retreat to delve deeper into a personal response to God’s love.
Discovering Christ at Queen of the Holy Rosary
Discovering Christ will start Sunday, October 13, 2019 at Queen of the Holy Rosary. The Sunday evening programs will be from 5 to 7:30 p.m. and extend through Sunday, November 24, 2019.
Our Discovering Christ retreat will take place on Saturday, November 16, 2019.
We will focus on these topics for during the Sunday evening events and the retreat:
Event 1 - What Is the Meaning of Life? (October 13, 2019, 5 pm)
Event 2 - Why Does Jesus Matter? (October 20, 2019, 5 pm)
Event 3 - What Does Jesus Want Us To Know? (October 27, 2019, 5 pm)
Event 4 - Why Do We Need a Savior? (November 3, 2019, 5 pm)
Event 5 - Why Is the Resurrection Important? (November 10, 2019, 5 pm)
Retreat - Who is the Holy Spirit? and The Holy Spirit and You (November 16, 2019, 9 am)
Event 6 - New Life in the Spirit (November 17, 2019, 5 pm)
Event 7 - Our Need for the Church (November 24, 2019, 5 pm)
Watch a preview of Event 1 - What Is the Meaning of Life?
Menus from Past Discovering Christ Programs
- Fried and Herb Roasted Chicken, Au Gratin Potatoes, Green Bean Amandine, Vegetable Medley, Dessert
- Meat and Vegetable Lasagna, Oven Roasted Red Potatoes, Seasoned Green Beans, Broccoli, Dessert
- Oven Baked Ham and Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, Twice Baked Potatoes, Asparagus, Vegetable Medley, Dessert
- Salisbury Steak and Pulled Pork, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Buttered Corn, Oven Roasted Vegetables, Dessert
- Meatloaf and Sweet & Spicy Salmon, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli, Seasoned Green Beans, Dessert
- Garlic Herb Chicken Breast and Swiss Steak, Party Potatoes, Asparagus, Buttered Corn, Dessert
- Oven Baked Ham and Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, White Cheddar Mac & Cheese, Vegetable Medley, Seasoned Green Beans, Dessert