Livestream Masses from Queen of the Holy Rosary
We will begin to live stream our Masses, providing the opportunity to see the parish Mass live. This will take place on our Facebook Page. The live stream Masses will begin Saturday, March 28th at 4:00 p.m. We will have Fr. Bill's daily Masses live streamed at 8:15 a.m., Tuesday through Friday. The live Masses will all be on Facebook. We will also post recordings of these Masses on our homepage www.
The parish office is closed due to concerns about the COVID-19 Virus. ALL Parish Activities have been cancelled. Due to the Shelter-in-Place Order the Church will remain closed until further notice. If you have an emergency you may call the office at 913-432-4616 and leave a message with the answering service. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
To see a complete listing of all activities that are cancelled as of 3/17/2020 click here
March 17, 2020
Statement of Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann
Regarding Cancellation of Public Masses in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas
** ALL DAILY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAYS MASSES ARE CANCELLED **
In conjunction with the bishops of Kansas, effective 1 pm March 17l, 2020 and until further notice, all public celebrations of the Holy Mass in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas are cancelled except for:
- Funeral Masses must be limited to NO MORE than 50 people, including clergy, assisting ministers, family members and friends.
- No funeral luncheons may be held
- A funeral liturgy outside of Mass must be limited in size as above.
- In addition to celebrating the funeral Mass or funeral liturgy outside of Mass, families and pastors are encouraged to schedule Memorial Masses for their love ones in the future, when public health restrictions are relaxed, so that larger numbers may gather if desired.
COMMUNAL PENANCE SERVICES
- All communal penance services are cancelled.
- Priest should continue as much as possible to offer individual confessions at regularly scheduled times, including Wednesday evening during Lent.
- Confession are to be heard ONLY behind a screen or other barrier and NOT Face to Face.
- AT NO TIME should there be more than 50 people gathered in the church.
- Baptisms may continue, BUT only parents, godparents and immediate family members who are asymptomatic may attend, AND NO MORE than 50 people.
- I encourage all of the faithful to continue to join together in prayer for the health and protection of our entire community and nation, and for an end to this crisis.
- I encourage all families and individuals to pray the rosary, invoking the intercession and protection of our Blessed Mother, Health of the Sick, for these intentions and for the health and well-being of our brothers and sisters who are ill, their caretakers, doctors, nurses, medical and emergency preparedness personnel and elected officials.
- I encourage all pastors, as much as possible to post hours that their churches will remain open for private prayer with our Eucharistic Lord present in the tabernacle.
- At no time should there be more than 50 people gathered in the church
DO NOT COME TO ANY OF THE ABOVE -
- if you are sick,
- if you have been exposed to the corona virus,
- If you suspect you have been exposed, or
- If you have been advised by a doctor not to go out in the public or attend public gatherings.
Stay Informed and Faith Resources
Download Our Parish App for up to date information:
Our Parish App brings you a better mobile experience, while keeping you connected and informed. View our bulletins, daily readings, Mass times, and much more. Choose to receive important information and you’ll always stay up-to-date. You will also get instant notification of urgent messages, cancellations, and special events at the parish.
To download the app, please visit the Apple Store, or for Android users Google Play and search for our “WeConnect Parish App”. Or you can also download it directly;
IPhone Users Text: ParishApp1 to 555888 Android Users Text – ParishApp2 to 555888
If you have any questions about the App, please contact Cathy in the Parish Office at 913-432-4616.
TO Watch Mass on TV https://www.ewtn.com/tv/watch-live/united-states
My Faith Walk
Saturday:1st Saturday 8:15 a.m.
4:00 p.m. (Fulfills Sunday Obligation)
7:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.
Daily Mass Monday - Friday: 8:15 a.m.
Saturday 2:30-3:15 p.m.
School of Religion Classes
For Weekly Lessons go click here:
Fiat for the Future
To read the case study for the Fiat for the Future Capital Campaign click here
To see a map of our Parish Boundaries click here
For Churches and Mass times where you are traveling click here
To Register in the Parish
To register in the Parish, stop at the Information Station after Mass or at the Parish Office during the week. Registering for on-line giving does not automatically register you in the Parish.
First Saturday Street Ministry
On the first Saturday of each month, QHR parishioners help the Sisters and Friars feed the poor in KCKS and KCMO physically and spiritually. Parishioners supply the food and prepare 80- sack meals. You are invited to participate in the street ministry by helping to distribute meals and pray with people on the streets.
The items on the above link need to be delivered to QHR (SE corner) between 1:15 and 1:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month. These items are needed to create sack meals which include 2 sandwiches, fruit, chips and bottled water. Anyone who would like to participate is welcome. Even if the sign up slots are full, you may still participate. Meet us in the SE parking lot by 1:1:30 or join us at 3:00 at the Poor of Jesus Christ Franciscan Sisters' home.
The sisters are also especially in need of help EVERY Tuesday and Saturday at 3:00. Meet them at their home 2226 Troup Ave, KCKS (next to Blessed Sacrament).
- Father William Bruning, Pastor
- Deacon Jim Lavin, Deacon
- Paul Coquillette, Parish Administration
- Ruth Mailand, Bookkeeper
- Cathy Mahr, Parish Office
- Margi Kettner, Parish Office
- Denise Godinez, Religious Education Director / Sacramental Preparation / School of Religion (SOR K-8)/VIRTUS Coordinator/ Crusaders YOUth Group (grades 8-12)
- Michael Kim, Music Director