Attending Baptism Preparation Session
- Classes are typically held on the 2nd Saturday of the month at 10am with Deacon Jim Lavin
- Upcoming Dates:
- February 11th
- March 11th
- Children are welcome to join!
- Call Grace Trainor in the Religious Education office at 913.722.2206 to register or with any questions
Scheduling the Baptism
- Call Grace Trainor at 913.722.2206 to schedule your child's baptism
- Baptisms are typically scheduled on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the Month
- You will need to provide some information about your Child, such as their name and birthday, some information about yourself and the other parent, such as name, religion, and contact information.
- You will need to provide some information about your Child's Godparents, such as their name, religion, and the parish they are registered with.
It is the duty of Christian parents to pass on the most precious gift of all, the gift of faith, to “bring the child up in the practice of the faith, [and to] see that the divine life which God gives them is kept safe from the poison of sin, to grow always stronger in their hearts” (Rite of Baptism for Children).
It is the duty of Christian godparents to assist the parents with this all-important task. The godparent is “able and ready to help the newly baptized . . . on the road of the Christian life” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, No. 1255).
Requirements to be a godparent...
- Godparents should be one male and one female
- At least one godparent must be a fully initiated Catholic (having received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation)
- Godparents must be at least 16 years old
Why Am I Baptizing My Infant?