Our Next Parish Food Drive: June 24-25, 2023
Catholic Charities Food Pantry
Help Feed Our Neighbors in Need: A Message from Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
Our food pantries are in urgent need of food – with the rising cost of food, supply chain issues, and an increase of those accessing our food pantries (up 25% since February 2022) the need to feed our neighbors in need is critical. Supply chain issues are making it difficult to purchase what we need and our donations have been down almost 20%. Our eight food pantries and our Resource Bus program rely on the generous donations from you to feed the need in our 21 county service area. Thank you for your continued support to our neighbors in need. We could not do our work without you!
How You Can Help!
• Donate food items at your local parish food drive. The most needed items this month are listed below. For a list of where to find our food truck in the KC Metro visit our website: https://catholiccharitiesks.org/food-drives
• Go shopping. Take the list below with you to the grocery store and purchase items from our most needed list and donate to your local Catholic Charities food pantry.
• Donate at the Hy-Vee Food Drive. Find our volunteers throughout the month on Saturdays at area Hy-Vee stores: https://catholiccharitiesks.org/food-drives
Items needed (March 2023)
- Dry Beans
- Boxed Meals
- Canned Vegetables (no corn or green beans)
- Canned Fruit (low sugar)
As always, we request no glass jars and no industrial size food items. We also request –low sodium & pop-top cans if possible.
*Pop-top cans aid families and those without a home who do not have access to can openers (something most of us take for granted).
- Online Donations: https://catholiccharitiesks.org/parish-food-drive-donation.
- In the Parish Name drop-down you will need to select the name of your parish.
- Check or cash: Write Food Drive – Parish Name in the memo line
- Mail to or drop off at: Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas, 9720 W 87th St, Overland Park, KS 66212
- On- Site Collection: DO NOT put the money in with the food/in a food bin. We will not see it.
- Either drop the collected money off at 9720 West 87th Street – in an envelope label Food Drive - Parish Name
- If you send it back with the truck to put it in an envelope under the driver's seat, label Food Drive – Parish Name